It took a week longer than planned, but…all of the drawers are finally built and fitted. Heck I’ve even started adding the decorative details to them. First and foremost is the bead detail. I can easily create a nice sharp corner on pine, but I learned long ago that expecting that sharp corner to survive was pure folly. The bead detail prevents chipping and also does a good job of hiding the inevitable dents and dings. Plus, I think it looks pretty snazzy.
I added a little Hillbilly Inlay to the large side drawer. Hey, it’s what I do. I also stamped in a little texture as well. I’ll take the wood burner to those areas so that they will have the same look as the inset handles.
I added a removable divider to one of the smallest drawers. Nothing special. just a functional addition. I may fit diagonal dividers to this drawer as well. Again, simply for the added utility.
With a little luck, all of the construction should be completed by the close of business tomorrow. Then I’ll tackle the uzukuri finish.