Sunday afternoon I removed the clamps from the lamination and finished shaping the top. Then I drilled and reamed the holes for installing the legs.
I installed the legs with glue and wedges. Since my work table was still set up on the sun porch, I took the assembly into the house and marked the legs for length and level.
Once the legs were trimmed, I wiped them and the bottom side of the top with a coat of Tried & True.
Then there was a Christmas miracle!
A wall & crown tufting button.
My logo stamp and date.
I’ll add a couple more coats of Tried & True over the next few days, but I’m actually done! Not too shabby. I started Saturday morning and finished on Sunday evening.
I do apologize for the lack of details, but I had my head down and I was on a mission. Of course management’s reaction was…
“That was quick. You should have time to make another.”
Luckily she was joking…I hope!
Part 1 Greg Merritt